How do I keep employees who interact with customers safe?
To keep your employees safe, you should:
- Consider options to increase physical space between employees and customers such as opening a drive- through, erecting partitions, and marking floors to guide spacing at least 6 feet apart.
- At least once a day, clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched by multiple people. This includes door handles, desks, phones, light switches, and faucets.
- Consider assigning a person to rotate throughout the workplace to clean and disinfect surfaces.
- Consider scheduling handwashing breaks so employees can wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Consider scheduling a relief person to give cashiers and service desk employees an opportunity to wash their hands.
- Additional information on how to keep employees safe can be found in the CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers.